Rules & regulations
- No drinking, drugs or gambling. No smoking in the bus nor in the hotel rooms.
- When staying in a hotel, please consider the well-being of the other guests. Please refrain from running in the halls, shouting or disturbing in any other way.
- No exchanging of room assignments.
- You must be in your assigned room at the time designated by the chaperons.
- Do not misplace items that are not your property from the stops along the way. This Ramble wants to return next year.
- No calls from the landline telephones in the hotel rooms.
- You must have proper clothes during the whole trip. Bring some nice clothes in case you want to attend a concert or theatre. Churches require clothes that cover up well.
- Exchange students will be expected to conduct themselves at all times in a responsible manner.
If the rules are not obeyed, the trip will be discontinued and the bus will go right back to Stockholm. No money for the missed part of the trip will in this case be refunded.
May 25, 2018 or before:
Your money will be returned to you, except for a handling fee SEK 3 000.
May 26-June 11, 2018:
Your money will be returned to you, except for a fee of SEK 5 475.
June 12-June 17, 2018:
Your money will be returned to you, except for a fee of SEK 10 950.
June 18, 2018 or later:
You will have to pay the total amount of SEK 19 900 or 21 900.
Cancellation due to injury or illness:
Please refer to your private insurance for reimbursement.
Passport & visas
Do not forget to bring your passport! It needs to be valid until at least January, 2019.
Please note that it is your own responsibility to have a valid visa. For the countries you will visit, belonging to the group of Schengen countries, you do not need any new visa, since you have your student visa. It is important though to check now already that your student visa for Sweden is valid to stay in the European Union and Schengen during the whole trip.
For third-country nationals (nationals of a non-EU country), there are special rules in the Schengen area. Third-country nationals residing in a Schengen country may move freely in other Schengen countries for three months. The person in question must bring his passport and residence permit. Iceland, Norway, Lichtenstein and Switzerland are non-EU countries, but members of the Schengen union.
There will be neither time nor possibility of last minute passport/visa fixing.
No passport, no visa = no Ramble Tour!
For questions regarding visas, please contact Rotary Youth Exchange:
We recommend that you bring both a credit card and some cash. Cash dispensers are to be found in the bigger cities that we are visiting. Swedish (SEK) and Norwegian (NOK) kronor as well as Euro (EUR) in Finland. You need to bring SEK 300 cash, which the tour guide will collect during the first day. This SEK 300 will be used to pay a deposit at every place you check in. Unless you are not responsible for any damage in the hotels, this money will be given back to you the last day of the tour. If you lose a room-key you have to pay for it. You need to bring a sufficient amount of pocket money to cover admissions to attractions not included in the price, as well as meals not included in the tour, soft drinks, souvenirs, post cards, extra phone calls, etc.
Please note that you will have to pay for any extra activities. Neither the chaperons nor the tour operator Scandorama will lend you money.